Lao She's Tea House
I Teaching Aims
1. Students know about Lao She’s life story, his representative works and know the main idea of Tea house.
2. Students know more information about drama.
1. Students can grasp the main idea and specific information in the passage.
Students can describe the life experience of Lao She and retell the passage in their own words.
Students can feel proud of Chinese culture and cultivate the awareness of cross-culture.
II Teaching Key &Difficult Points
Key point: Lao She’s life story, his representative works and know the main idea of Tea house.
Difficult point: How to enable students feel proud of Chinese culture and cultivate the awareness of cross-culture.
III Teaching procedures:
Step 1: Warming-up
1. Greet students.
2. Enjoy the theme song of TV series Tea house. Meanwhile, show some stage photos.
Step 2: Pre-reading
1. Let students share the information about Lao She they searched before class, and give positive evaluation.
2. Predict the main idea of this passage according to the photo.
Step 3: While-reading
1. Read the passage for the first time and choose the best title(Lao She’s Tea-house, The story of Teahouse, Lao She) and check their prediction.
2. Enjoy a short clip of the play.
3. Read the passage again and answer the following question.
a. When did he write the play?
b. How many acts does it have?
c. Who is the main character and where did the story happen?
d. What’s it about?
e. What does it tell us and what dose the play describe?
I divide the class in to two groups and have a competition. Which group gives the right answers will win.
4. Ask students to retell the passage according to the questions.
Step 4: Post-reading
Work in groups to act out the scene presented in step 3. Students have 5 five minutes to prepare. Then invite some groups to do their performance.
Step 5: Summary & Homework
Ask students to review the key points together.
Homework: write a short passage about their favorite play.
IV Blackboard design